Welcome to Tilton Upper!
FREE MEALS – ALL STUDENTS, ALL SCHOOLS
SY 2019-2020 Community Eligibility Provision
OT activities for students in Grades 3-6
Paw Patrol coming to a neighborhood near you!
Exciting News to end Spirit Week Friday
Join in for a little fun this week!! And stay tuned to Facebook on Monday for a Special Announcement!!
Call Central Office
At this time, the building is closed. If you need to reach us, please call Central Office at 978-374-3400.
Although school isn’t in session we wanted to make sure that all our students were able to access educational enrichment activities. We know how important it is to continually read and practice math facts while school is out of session. We will continue to post on our facebook pages, Roaring Tilton, Tilton Upper – the journey continues and Tiger Tilton. Please join one of these or all, to keep up to date. We also will have links and activities on our homepage for families.
Grades 2-6 can log into their Google accounts and go to the library & technology Google Classroom. Some of the activities to choose from include keyboarding. listening to folktale stories, code.org, math fact practice and more.
I hope you are all staying safe at home while we are out of school! While you are home, check out the Google Classroom activities I have placed in your grade 2-6 library & technology Google Classrooms. (Go to https://home.haverhill-ps.org/. Log in with your user name and password. Click on G Suite or the classroom icon. Open classroom and select library & Technology. ) There are many great ideas posted that will support your learning while not at school and also be fun to do. If you complete an activity in Classroom, send me a message and I will share it with the Tilton community. I would love to hear from you.
Link to Tilton Library resources http://tilton.haverhill-ps.org/library-media-center-resources/
Families of 4th Grade Upper Students:
Included in your packet of enrichment work, you will find activities, readings and questions from each content area. In math, we focused on the four operations, fractions, elapsed time and word problems. In ELA there are nonfiction and fiction passages with questions and prompts. For Social Studies, there are informational packets on two new regions of the USA. To address science, we have included work about sound energy. Daily- please READ as much as you can! ST Math, Xtra math and tons of other sites (in the included list) are free and ready to use! Please check your child’s Google Classroom as often as you are able to for updates, enrichment and the chance to send messages to your teacher to still feel connected to your school! This is the link- your child knows what to do! https://home.haverhill-ps.org/
We miss you! Stay happy, stay healthy and keep learning! We hope to see you soon and chat with you via Google Classroom even sooner!
Love, The 4th Grade Team
Mrs. Pallaria and Miss Augustus have created folders for the students. These all include one book and a writing notebook with additional packets to support your Reading, Writing and Comprehension. There is an MCAS packet for Math and Science and some Daily Common Core, Reteaching Pages and Enrichment opportunities for Math. Please also look at the 5th Grade Google Classroom for additional activities and websites to use to support learning. Some websites we are using are https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome/grades-3-5.html , https://home.haverhill-ps.org/ to get to Pearson Easy Bridge, Google Classroom, https://play.prodigygame.com/ , https://xtramath.org/#/signin/student_other around others. We will be calling a few students daily to check in and stay connected. We look forward to continuing to communicate with students and parents over the next few weeks through email and ClassDojo in addition to the calls.
We want you to stay connected and continue to stretch your minds while school is out. Ms. Spadaro and Ms. Duquette will be using Google classroom to stay connected and provide you with material to continue to stretch your minds. We will post activities, assignments, games, and links for you in order to have access to many different types of content throughout these next few weeks. Please check google classroom daily and try to complete some of the material we have put there for you. You all have access to Epic and we will be posting there as well. Most of you already have your Math books at home and Ms. Spadaro will be adding guidelines to classroom for you in google classroom. We will also stay connected with families through Classtag. Please feel free to send us messages as much as needed. We want you all to know that we are here for you and that everything will be ok. We believe!!
With love and hope,
Ms. Duquette firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Spadaro email@example.com
From Mrs. Ricco and Mr. Rosa:
Art and Music have created a Bingo sheet with art and music-related activities that students can complete at home. There is a PDF of the bingo sheet available at packet pick up. In addition, we will both be starting YouTube channels where we will post interactive videos for the students. We will give you the links to these channels and they can be posted on the Facebook parent page.
From your Counselor:
Mrs. Arivella will be accessible via email (Megan.Arivella@haverhill-ps.org) and Instagram. If you or your child (only children and families of Tilton Upper) would like to be part of her daily safe, educational and interactive posts please send an invite to: tiltontigermrsa
Check it out for healthy challenges, inspirational and motivating quotes and stories!
The following websites and apps are great resources for health and wellness:
My fitness pal
The health, safety and well-being of Tilton School students and staff are a top priority. Our school continues to follow the guidance of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) and the Haverhill Board of Health in our response to coronavirus. There are no confirmed cases of coronavirus disease in Tilton Schools at this point or any other Haverhill Public School.
The MDPH and CDC recommends precautions used for reducing the risk of infection for other illnesses, such as flu:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. If unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home while you are sick (except to visit a health care professional) and to avoid contact with others.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
Tilton School has increased the frequency of cleaning common and high traffic areas each day. In a normal situation these areas would be cleaned once a day. Prioritized cleaning includes bathrooms, the lunchroom, common spaces, door handles, emergency bar on doors, etc.
All Tilton classrooms are being disinfected nightly with Evaclean Protexus Electrostatic Sprayer “Germ Blaster.” We will continue to be vigilant in our cleaning practices to reduce the risk of sickness to any member of the Tilton community.
I have also attached a share facts sheet share-facts-h.pdf
Keep Believing ~ Mrs. Antkowiak
Tilton Upper and Lower Dining for a Cause!
Tilton Upper School Soccer Schedule
Please click the link below to see the Tilton Upper Soccer Schedule!
Please click the link below to see the 2019-2020 Bus Routes
Welcome Tilton Upper Parents! Information
Welcome Families to Tilton Upper School!
The staff at Tilton Upper School is very excited about this new journey and cannot wait to see all of our families! Class lists will be posted on the front door of Tilton Upper Friday, 8/23, afternoon and also posted on the school’s Facebook page, Roaring Tilton. If you don’t follow us on Facebook now is the time to join so you don’t miss important happenings!
Some important information to help the year begin smoothly:
· Open House Monday, 8/26, 5-6 p.m. Come meet your teachers and see the building!
· The School hours are 8:30-2:45
· Bus routes should be posted on the Haverhill Public Schools website.
· Students arriving by car pick up may arrive no earlier than 8:05. We have a designated car drop off lane, along the field and sidewalk. Stay to the right as you enter the parking lot. Teachers will be outside to direct you as we accustomed to this new procedure. The parking lot at Tilton Upper is one way! Look for teachers and administration directing you and greeting you Tuesday morning!
· This year we will have FREE breakfast and lunch for ALL students!! Breakfast starts at 8:05! To keep this great opportunity, we will still need families to fill out Free/Reduced Lunch Forms!!!
· Dismissal: All students will be dismissed at 2:45! Parents picking up students in car pick up, please stay in your cars along the car pick up sidewalk and students will come to you! Please be patient as it will take a few minutes for all cars to pull up to the loading area. Student safety is our first concern! Students will not be allowed to walk through the parking lot to parked cars in the parking lot or parked cars on the street. So please stay in car pick up lane and your child will come to you!
· Walkers: If your child is going to be a walker, please put this in writing. Please specify if your child will be greeted by someone to walk home with, or if they have permission to walk home alone. Again, student safety is our number one priority!
¡Bienvenidas familias a Tilton Upper School!
¡El personal de Tilton Upper School está muy entusiasmado con este nuevo viaje y no puede esperar para ver a todas nuestras familias! Las listas de clases se publicarán en la puerta principal de Tilton Upper Friday, 8/23, por la tarde y también se publicarán en la página de Facebook de la escuela, Roaring Tilton. ¡Si no nos sigue en Facebook ahora es el momento de unirse para que no se pierda acontecimientos importantes!
Alguna información importante para ayudar a que el año comience sin problemas:
• Casa Abierta Lunes, 8/26, 5-6 p.m. ¡Ven a conocer a tus maestros y mira el edificio!
• El horario escolar es de 8: 30-2: 45
• Las rutas de los autobuses deben publicarse en el sitio web de las Escuelas Públicas de Haverhill.
• Los estudiantes que lleguen en un automóvil pueden llegar antes de las 8:05. Tenemos un carril designado para dejar los automóviles, a lo largo del campo y la acera. Manténgase a la derecha al ingresar al estacionamiento. Los maestros estarán afuera para dirigirlo mientras nos acostumbramos a este nuevo procedimiento. ¡El estacionamiento en Tilton Upper es de ida! ¡Busca maestros y administración que te dirijan y te saluden el martes por la mañana!
• ¡Este año tendremos desayuno y almuerzo GRATIS para TODOS los estudiantes! El desayuno comienza a las 8:05! Para mantener esta gran oportunidad, todavía necesitaremos que las familias llenen formularios de almuerzo gratis / a precio reducido.
• Salida: ¡Todos los estudiantes saldrán a las 2:45! Padres que recogen a los estudiantes en el auto, ¡quédense en sus autos a lo largo de la acera de los autos y los estudiantes vendrán a verlos! Tenga paciencia, ya que todos los automóviles tardarán unos minutos en llegar al área de carga. ¡La seguridad de los estudiantes es nuestra primera preocupación! No se permitirá que los estudiantes caminen por el estacionamiento hasta los automóviles estacionados en el estacionamiento o los automóviles estacionados en la calle. ¡Así que por favor quédese en el carril de recogida de automóviles y su hijo vendrá a usted!
• Caminantes: si su hijo va a ser un caminante, por favor ponga esto por escrito. Especifique si alguien saludará a su hijo con quien caminar a casa o si tiene permiso para caminar solo a casa. Una vez más, ¡la seguridad de los estudiantes es nuestra prioridad número uno!